Thursday, December 13, 2012

Flipped Classroom: 5 Strategies to Flip & Engage

    Another wonderful blog of a tech savvy teacher, Catlin Tucker.
I am reading more and more about flipping the classroom phenomenon. This blog post of Catlin Tucker reflects my thinking and my approach to teaching: engage students in collaborative work around the content via gdocs, other collaborative tools and projects and make the work they do meaningful and experience rewarding. I observed this myself many times. When, for example, teacher candidates work on their jigsaw group projects on Native American Tribes via gdocs presentations or on prezi, they explore resources, in a way compete to find more information and other digital resources to make their presentation effective and educational. And they work outside classroom, meeting on google docs space.  I need to share my own strategies of the pedagogy of engagement.

No comments: