Sunday, May 10, 2009

MSMC May Professional Development Day on Glogster



May 18th was the Professional Development Day on my college campus. I suggested the idea to the Vice President, Dr. Iris Turkenkopf, and the idea was immediately supported by her and the new (standing!) Academic Technology Advancement Committee. I was promoting the change of status for 2 years and this event was the triumph of this process. The Academic Technology Advancement Committee lead the preparation and the implementation of the PD Day.
I am happy about the results. It was well attended and we got very positive feedback from the college community. I created a glogster with the agenda and the materials of the day.

4 comments:

Krista said...

This collage of pictures and youtube videos is amazing! I love it! What a great idea to reach digital natives as well as digital immigrants like me!

Mrs Figueroa said...

O.K. Just don't look at my blog until I use some of the ideas I just got from you to spruce it up a bit. I was so proud that I thought to put a picture in mine. I was wondering how much work it was to put together an information portal like this? I truly enjoyed this site and your scrapbook photos. Your grandaughter is adorable!

Nancy N said...

I love that you are a TED fan too. In case you haven't seen this amazing talk, it's really worth the 8 minutes.
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

Sheri said...

Thanks for creating the wonderful glog! In college, relevance and interactivity is everything to engage learners. And students at all levels are demanding this -- otherwise they tune out. At high school, middle school, and elementary school, students are tuning out. As kids, though, they don't know what is relevant, so it is up to teachers to create projects that include those skills and strategies relevant to a student's future, yet also capture the student's interest and curiosity so students participate and learn what they don't think us relevant. It's a curious dilemma, don't you think?